University Honors challenges motivated students to create their own world-class education. The program supports students' efforts to take advantage of all that a major research university offers in the intimate setting of a smaller academic community. Integral to undergraduate education at Virginia Tech, University Honors provides leadership in innovative and extraordinary learning opportunities.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2013, especially our University Honors graduates!
The Honors Ambassadors program is a student-led Honors organization created to facilitate engagement among Honors students and alumni. Meet the Ambassadors
2012 Fulbright Scholar
2013 Sophomore Scholarship Winners
- Class of 1954: Cole Smith
- Class of 1956 Ut Prosim: Chloe Benner
- Horton: Casie Venable
- Gough: Houston Wiedle
- Cloyd: Kara Van Scoyoc
- Perna: Jessica Li
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Information Sessions - Summer 2013
Monday and Friday
- 1:15 PM
During Summer 2013 (late May-late August), please call our office at least 48 hours before your visit so that we can confirm staff will be available for an information session.
We will not offer information sessions from July 1-26 due to freshmen orientation.
Monday through Friday
- 3:15 PM by appointment at least 48 hours in advance, subject to staff availability.
No information sessions from July 1-26 due to freshmen orientation.
Check in: 137 Hillcrest
The office will be CLOSED Monday, May 27, for Memorial Day. There will be NO information sessions.
- Wednesday, May 15 - Honors Medallion Ceremony - 4pm. We will celebrate our University Honors graduates!
- Friday, May 17 - Graduation reception at Hillcrest Hall followed by Honors procession to Lane Stadium for graduation.
- Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day holiday. Virginia Tech closed. No information sessions available
- Main VT Calendar
Daily campus-wide schedule
University Honors Listserv
The Honors newsletter is periodically sent out over the Honors-L listserv with information about University Honors and upcoming events, meetings, scholarships, courses/colloquia, and other activities.